Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mom and Entrepreneur, it's a Balancing Act

Today has been quite a busy day for work. Even though I am at home with my girls during the day, I am constantly working on my business. A few minutes here, a few minutes there.  While the girls are having a tea party, I can sneak away (still in the same room of course) and read an article, reply to some emails, or what have you. This weekend, I have a huge event that I am preparing for, and getting everything together has been pretty stressful, even though I plan ahead for it. Today I mixed together some sugar scrubs that I will offer for sale. I then made some other type of concoction so that my daughter could "help" me. The sugar scrub that I put together will be a new product offered by Melrose Muscle Therapy, so we will see how it goes. I also put together some more muscle soaks (mix of epsom salts and sea salts) that my clients love for those days they just need an escape. I designed and sent out an email blast to my clients. I feel pretty accomplished today. =)

Sometimes it can be difficult to balance being a mom and an entrepreneur.  I wouldn't have it any other way though. There are some days that I don't get anything done for my business, but I get to be Super Mom all the time.  There are times when I get so stressed out with upcoming deadlines, and a baby being sick, or both at the same time that I will cry in the shower just to release the tension.  Once the deadlines pass, and my baby feels healthy again, I will schedule myself in for a massage.  I try to plan ahead as much as I can, but something always comes up when you are a mom.  Not everything can be planned.  I've learned to always have a plan B and a plan C.  I have found ways to keep myself grounded, ask for help if needed.

I would love to know if you have any advice for other moms out there that may feel overwhelmed at times, and what they can do if they have a spare moment to themselves (as rare as that is).  Please comment below with any advice.

1 comment: