Sunday, August 26, 2012

Melrose Muscle Therapy accepts insurance?

I have had quite a few people ask me if I accept insurance so they can get their massage treatment covered. Unfortunately, in the state of Illinois, an independent massage therapist currently can not currently accept insurance. I can, however, work in conjunction with another medical professional, such as a chiropractor in order to get massage covered by insurance. So, this is what I have done. A small drive down the street from Melrose Muscle Therapy is a fantastic chiropractor, Dr. Jacqueline Martinez, CCSP, DABCO (Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics, in case you were wondering what those letters stood for). I have partnered up with her to give my clients an option. If your insurance covers massage treatments for you, then you can make an appointment to see me at Dr. Martinez's office. I am there every other week on Friday mornings. You can have any chiropractic treatment done as well, while you are there, or you can come in just for your massage. If your insurance doesn't cover massage, don't worry, just sign up for Melrose Muscle Therapy's email list. You will receive different specials each month, right to your inbox. I hope this partnership will help those of you who haven't been able to come in for massage before. See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks much for the information. I have been dying to get massage included in my insurance, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This form of therapy is used before, during and after athletic events or training. The purpose of this therapy is to prepare the athlete for peak performance.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete