September is full of community events for Melrose Muscle Therapy. On September 22, I will be teaching a free Infant Massage Workshop at the Melrose Park Library. I will be teaching it in English, with a Spanish translator. This will be my first bilingual class, and I'm super excited about it. There is pre-registration required, but it is a free class. It if goes well, we will offer it again soon, and possibly bring the workshop to other places such as the local hospitals, or doctor's offices as a program for their patients. Did you know that infant massage doesn't just benefit baby? It also benefits mom, dad, or whomever it is that is massaging baby.
Benefits of Infant Massage for Parents
- Caregivers report feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
- Parents learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
- Parents learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies.
- Provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact.
- Infant Massage is one of the most natural and pleasant
methods of providing this important early nurturing and an amazing
tool for helping parents become closer to their babies.
(Information about benefits from Infant Massage USA @ www.infantmassageusa.org)
So if you are a new parent, a grandparent, expecting mother, babysitter, nanny, or any other caretaker, then please sign up for the free infant massage workshop. I'd love to see you there.