Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Speaking to Future Massage Therapists

Yesterday I spent part of my afternoon speaking with a group of massage therapy students at Everest College.  I had a blast, and I know that quite a few of them learned a bit of useful information about what to do currently as a student to prepare for becoming a professional in the field.

I gave them a bit of information of who I am, what I do, what I specialize in, and how I got to where I am so soon after finishing massage school.  I gave the students the pros and cons of working for yourself, as well as working for someone else.

The questions started rolling in from the students about various subjects relating to massage from what oils I use, to what questions employers ask at interviews, and as soon as I knew it, our time was up.

Had a wonderful time speaking with the students at Everest, and I hope to do it again in the future.

Thanks!

-Luisa

3 comments:

  1. Massages are indeed another form of treatment which could leave anyone with a feeling of calmness and happiness. Hot stone massage therapy is a great choice for those individuals whose been screaming to take a break.

    Massage Therapy West Kelowna

    Thanks
    Ryan Rusty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Luisa, I enjoyed reading through this great article. Agreed with all views regarding Speaking to Future Massage Therapists. I like massage therapy and it's one of the amazing form to relax body nicely. Thanks.
    abdomen massage

    ReplyDelete