Monday, December 31, 2012

Honoring the Victims of the Newtown Tragedy

What can I do?

I've stayed away from the news when this story broke, and for the weeks that followed.  I'm probably one of only a few people that doesn't know a thing about the shooter, and I refuse to learn even his name.  As a mother of two young children, I couldn't bear to hear about what happened in Newtown.  I wasn't going to write a post about this story, but there is a movement that has come about as a result that I would like to shed some light upon.

#26acts or #26actsofkindness

The idea is to challenge people to bring some positivity into this world by asking them to do 26 acts of kindness - one for each person who passed as a result of this tragedy.

Here is my challenge for you.


Don't stop at 26 good deeds. Continue doing them throughout 2013 and beyond.  Make doing nice things for others on a daily basis your way of life.

Need some ideas on what you can do?

  • Leave a larger tip than you normally would for your server
  • Pay for the toll of the vehicle behind you
  • Offer to purchase a coffee for the next customer in line
  • Smile at the next person you see
  • Volunteer your time at a charity that speaks to you
  • Help out your neighbor by shoveling their sidewalk when it snows, helping them bring their groceries in...
I hope you take on this challenge and together we can all make 2013 a positive year full of kindness.  If you want to, you can let us know what you are doing by commenting here, or commenting on our facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment