What can I do?I've stayed away from the news when this story broke, and for the weeks that followed. I'm probably one of only a few people that doesn't know a thing about the shooter, and I refuse to learn even his name. As a mother of two young children, I couldn't bear to hear about what happened in Newtown. I wasn't going to write a post about this story, but there is a movement that has come about as a result that I would like to shed some light upon.
#26acts or #26actsofkindnessThe idea is to challenge people to bring some positivity into this world by asking them to do 26 acts of kindness - one for each person who passed as a result of this tragedy.
Here is my challenge for you.
Don't stop at 26 good deeds. Continue doing them throughout 2013 and beyond. Make doing nice things for others on a daily basis your way of life.
Need some ideas on what you can do?
- Leave a larger tip than you normally would for your server
- Pay for the toll of the vehicle behind you
- Offer to purchase a coffee for the next customer in line
- Smile at the next person you see
- Volunteer your time at a charity that speaks to you
- Help out your neighbor by shoveling their sidewalk when it snows, helping them bring their groceries in...